Saturday, 30 May
Let's continue! Demo for Clubkultur
Club culture and culture in general is massively threatened - jobs must be secured, independent space must be saved - Art and culture in Vienna urgently need support!
Demo for club culture
30 May 2020 / 17:30 - 19:30 / Heldenplatz
Let's go out on the streets together - now - so that in a few months there will still be places where we can dance and enjoy ourselves culturally!
A large part of the initiatives is facing the void. Especially those places that stand for freedom, for joy and for community are set to zero. It is not possible to generate income. Many places receive little or no support. For example, there is no support at all for cultural associations serving the public good.
Therefore, on 30 May, we will send a first joint sign of solidarity with the independend spaces that normally offer us a place to escape from our everyday life for a short time. For the spaces that give us the opportunity to create and experience art and culture freely together.
We find it important and fundamentally necessary that clubs and all kinds of cultural spaces are considered in the support measures. The artistic value of clubs and event and night culture must also be politically recognized. Culture urgently needs money in the situation of Covid-19. It is well known that the whole sector was already before, insecure and precariously positioned!
#SaveTheRave #KulturBrauchtKohle [www.facebook.com/hashtag/kulturbrauchtkohle?__eep__=6]
Therefore we demand:
Therefore we demand:
- economic survival of the clubs during Corona-related closures through strong political support.
- economic support and emergency aid for night gastronomy and clubs.
- unbureaucratic emergency aid for all artists living and working in Austria (e.g. 1.000,- Euro basic income according to the Bavarian model)
- Active large-scale support for non-profit cultural associations (whether or not they receive funding) retrospectively from March for the entire duration of the Corona crisis.
- extensive compensation for the loss of income of associations and independent initiatives caused by the Corona crisis. This is the only way to guarantee that many artists will continue to have the necessary platforms for presenting their work in the future. Only in this way can the closure of many spaces and the loss of many small initiatives can be prevented.
- Enable independent spaces for young people to express themselves and to develop youth culture. The need to create new and lasting places must be supported - now more than ever!
- Renegotiation of the SVS conditions for artists, reduction of rates and/or increase of the limits of contributions to the social insurance for artists
- optimised distribution of tax money in the cultural sector
- greater participation of the grassroots in cultural policy
- more transparency in cultural policy
- Supporting and enabling culture outside the spotlight and tourism
In addition, we call on politicians to implement the demands of the "Österreichischer Kulturrat" - more about this via: https://kulturrat.at/agenda/brennpunkte/20200515 [l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fkulturrat.at%2Fagenda%2Fbrennpunkte%2F20200515%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3KjGUt8dCnNXVsjfV4BKD_FrYiid94vXOwD849x5uG0GVcmXEFvXpvodQ&h=AT0SpIdEC-QHW2S64Bm1F1sHmLCeFAxiDA9Qu1Cqk2_twGjV3SoeIOU2htFz0_ZR0x_CAxeoyGv86QxJKgCOJVR2XmzSQL6Zy8TuUY16lf5KpMr0C4B6k3rFOwwynKltd0I]
#SaveTheRave [www.facebook.com/hashtag/savetherave?__eep__=6] #Culture [www.facebook.com/hashtag/culture?__eep__=6] NeedsCoal
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
The conditions of participation apply without exception to all participants for the entire duration of the meeting or manifestation:
- bringing and using a mouth-nose-mask during the manifestation
- Take along hand disinfectant (voluntary)
- OBLIGATORY KEEPING OF A DISTANCE OF 1 METER TO ALL PARTICIPANTS OF THE MANIFASTATION WHO ARE NOT LIVING AT THE SAME HOUSEHOLD!
♥ STAY SAFE - KEEP THE DISTANCE - SAVE OUR SPACES ♥ TOGETHER AWARE ♥ CONSISTENT IN SOLIDARITY ♥ POLITICALLY ACTIVE ♥
ps: We are open for further supporters - get in touch if you want to support the demands as a collective, group or space. Contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- if you want to be on the list of those inviting to the manifestation. Keep in touch so we can network for more actions, demonstrations and manifestations. Together we will go on the streets in solidarity until there are reasonable solutions - together with you!
Date & Time:
Is this a callout or mobilisation?:
- national callout