OCCII has a long history of existing as a self-sustainable and autonomous independent venue. OCCII not only provides a stage for underground and radical music acts – it is also run almost entirely by volunteers. Every OCCII volunteer helps the venue in one way or another. Each individual has their own purpose, goal, way of operating, interests, level of input, quality of production … and (let’s not forget) characteristics. Those mechanics hold a charm, but maybe also a few weaknesses. It’s not always easy to arrange a night if you don’t know anybody. Our events are built on trust and not on payments … perhaps you understand that better now.
So how can you play at the OCCII? How can you organise your own event? We hear these questions often, but the answers to these questions are not always readily available. We’ve put together a Q & A in the hopes of answering some of your questions and offering a bit of underground inspiration.
* I want to play with my band at the OCCII – whom should I contact?
You can do any of the following:
– Get in touch with one of the groups that program nightly events
– Send an e-mail with your proposal / request to the OCCII
– Organize the event yourself
* How can I volunteer for the OCCII?
– You can fill in a volunteer flyer with all of your contact details and hand it in or e-mail it to us
* What can I do as a volunteer for the OCCII?
– You can help out at the bar or door
– Cook for bands
– Organize concerts
– Do sound engineering or light engineering
– …or bring in your own new idea!
* How can I organize a concert / evening at the OCCII?
– Do It Yourself!
– Ask OCCII staff for the conditions
– Come up with a proposal. Send it to the OCCII or bring it to a volunteer meeting
– Get in touch with other volunteers to help you out on the night of the event
– Promote your event and provide equipment, sleeping places and food.
* Who’s in charge at OCCII?
– You are! We all are! Everybody is responsible.
We are here because we care for the OCCII. We know it needs volunteers to keep it alive and make the nights happen! But more hands and more input are always needed.
So please ask anyone behind the bar/door for a flyer or an e-mail address, and don’t be shy to get in touch, share your thoughts and ideas, and bring in an initiative. Anybody and every proposal are welcome! The basic and most important thing to remember is that you can really make it happen by Doing It Yourself (DIY)! Make it your home, care for it; cherish it, and help it grow! This is how we can each participate in sustaining Occ In it!
The OCCII has no central programming, instead there are several programming groups that set the agenda. See groups. KinderPret = theater en workshops voor kids op de vrije woensdagmiddag
horario de apertura:
Everyday, time depending on programme
- children's activity
- work space/diy