Friday, 4 September
Vrankrix and the Amsterdam €nrichment + Q&A director Annegriet Wietsma
Vrankrix and the Amsterdam €nrichment dives deeply into the stronghold of Vrankrijk; an underground scene of anarchists and activists in downtown Amsterdam. Vrankrix not only houses a colorful group of residents but is also a meeting point for international activists with radical ideas. Hiphop, punk, queer, anarchists, sharing economy, veganism, globalization: it all comes together in this micro cosmos.
The comic book of Asterix and the Mansions of the Gods has served as a source of inspiration the mere existence of a small Gallic village becomes jeopardized by the Roman high-rise construction of hotels, playgrounds and tourists.
This documentary is directed by Annegriet Wietsma and after the screening we will have a Q&A with her about her documentary and the underground scene in Amsterdam.
The Netherlands 2020, 94 min
Dutch and English, with English subtitles
Free of charge, doors open at 20:00.
Free of charge, donations are welcome, cash only.
We have a zero tolerance policy towards discrimination or harassment. This means: no sexism, no racism, classism, homophobia, xenophobia, transphobia etc. Hatefulness of any kind is not tolerated, and if we see this, you will immediately be asked to leave.
Measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
– There are only a couple of seats available in the Vondelbunker, full = full.
– Stay at home if you have a cold or flu symptoms.
– Be careful and always keep a distance of 1.5 meters indoors and outdoors. The Vondelbunker volunteers are ready to help.
– Wash your hands thoroughly upon entry.
– Wash your hands thoroughly after using the toilet.