The Field is back!
The Field is a social and educational space and political project which resists the logic of capitalism through local political action, radical education, mutual care and solidarity, and commoning and collective service provision.
The Field acts as a venue for groups, campaigns, and events that share these principles, and exists as a collective which instigates new projects from the space and in the local area.
We have reopened as a co-operative and need new members to join our collective, and new projects to be based at The Field!
Here are details of the current regular events organised by The Field.
Would you like to shape the future of The Field and join a community of people in New Cross who are working towards social change? Do you run a campaign, club, activity which needs a place to meet? Do you have a project idea you need space and support to develop?
We especially welcome:
- activities which are free to attend, open to new people and accessible to the neighbourhood
- projects which provide opportunities for people to get involved themselves as participants, organisers and/or volunteers, rather than simply attending
- groups which are independent, non-hierarchical, co-operative and which do not follow a charity service provision or entrepreneurial model of operating
- groups which are underfunded, groups which are run by or for under-represented and/or oppressed groups
- groups which have a connection to the local area
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
- (free) shop/market