Friday, 23 September
Lately, when we have time, we've started meeting in Varia on Fridays just to hang out, work or do nothing together. Some friends have started to come along and people walking in the neighbourhood sometimes come in to have a chat. There are many tools and facilities in Varia that seem to come in handy for people: the printers, the cutter, the stapler and the internet is kind of fast, heating is on, the coffee is warm and the toilet is clean!
What can you do here? Anything you like, really. Some people do these things:
- read a book from our library
- fix some broken electronics, make old laptops or phones work again
- do some gardening
- print a zine, bind a book, scan stuff
- plan a project, have a chat, discuss what you're working on
- sit on the couch and drink tea
- answering emails, programming, computer things
If you are into printing, here's a list of all the machines we have which you can try using for small tasks (costs on donation): HP Black and White LaserJet 9050dn, HP Color LaserJet CM6040f MFP, HP LaserJet P2055dn, HP DesignJet 650C, Pen Plotter HP DraftPro EXL, Riso RP 3700, Hotglue Binder FKS Printbinder KB2000, A3 Folding Machine, A4 Folding Machine, A4 Stack Cutter and a Nagel Rinak Stapler.
Each Friday from 10:00 to 14:00, if a member is around, Varia is open for anyone to come by. If you want to check if the door will be open, you can send a quick message to chat.vvvvvvaria.org (no account needed).
Date & Time:
- advice/help/office hours
- book shop/info shop/library