Samstag, 23 Oktober
Design and Activisme in Noord Brabant
On Saturday, October 23, there is an event organized by VB member Ruben Pater and Vrije Bond Noord-Brabant on design and activism. At 13:45, five speakers will gather in Eindhoven to discuss activism and design in former squat Burgers. The climate crisis and inequality are on full display during the commercial event Dutch Design Week. Criticism by designers, however, often concerns stories from far away. This event looks at design and activism in the local context of North Brabant. Topics include the exploitation of migrant workers, slaughterhouses in the region, activism, labor and design, the architecture of animal husbandry, and possible strategies for anti-capitalist design. This event aims to bring designers and activists together to exchange information and tactics.
Burgers, Hertogstraat 2-N, Eindhoven
13:45-17:00 Free admission or on donation
- Ruben Pater, designer, VB-member and author of CAPS LOCK (Valiz, 2021) www.untold-stories.net
- Activists from SluitVion! www.sluitvion.nl
- Luca Deutinger and Stefanos Filippas, architects TD Office www.the-department.eu
- Klaas Burger, ethical employment agency Fairjobs www.academievoorbeeldvorming.nl
- Nina Boelsums, student TUE and VB-member https://niin.tech
After all presentations, the event will end with a debate with all speakers and the audience.
Datum & Zeit:
- gegen Spende