Sonntag, 1 Dezember
Barriversary #3: Striving for Autonomy!
Raccoons of the world unite!
The Barricade is celebrating its third birthday!
With what was a pile of dusty boxes of books, we've made a library with more than 300 members. Of what would have been discarded veggies ready to become trash, we make every week a free dinner for almost 100 people. And it is not just a free dinner, it is not just a public library or an event factory. What we are doing is trying to anticipate the society we would like to live in, by creating a space that is different, that refuses and fights the current hegemonic system by following other dynamics, from the way we prepare and eat food to the way we learn from each other and interact with knowledge.
In a context where repression does not attack the tree but the soil, stopping everything from growing with its welcoming/devouring double face, Autonomy is the process of gaining back inch by inch this soil. Every inch taken back will give us the chance of planting more seeds, every seed that grows gives us the chance of gaining back even more.
This world is on fire and there's no way of making it nicer (to build a more sustainable system of exploitation is clearly useless), at the same time, we cannot be contented with the few pieces we have managed to grab.
It's for these reasons that we feel the need of reflecting and finding ways to put autonomy into practice even more.
We would like to use this day to gather togehter and approach this topic from different points of view, spanning from practical ways of self-producing things communally, to talks with different realities of counter-power, and reflections on our own practices.
Of course, as it's still our Barriversary, there will definitely be plenty of rescued delicious food, music, a photo exhibition, and other surprises to come (did someone say Barribook?)
- 11:30: Exhibition Opening: Trash Reverted (https://squ.at/r/7i52)
- 11:30am-12:30pm: Vegan Brunch
- 12:30pm-2:30pm: Reflection Tables on People's Kitchens and Political Struggle (https://squ.at/r/7gxy )
- 3:00pm-4:15pm: DIY: A collective toolbox against the supermarkets! (https://squ.at/r/7h0p)
- 4:45:-6:45 Talk: Social Centers as basis for Counter-power (https://squ.at/r/7hu6)
- 7:00-7:30 Book presenation: The Barricade ABC (https://squ.at/r/7hua)
- 7:30pm-9pm: Dinner
- 9pm-9:45pm: Your Local Pirates (https://squ.at/r/7hu9)
- 10pm-10:45pm: Trikosis trio (https://squ.at/r/7hu9)
¡¡A las barricadas!!
Datum & Zeit:
- Landesweiter Aufrup