Čtvrtek, 14 Listopad
Critical Readings: Murray Bookchin and Rojava
In the Critical Readings book reading group, we are currently reading 'The Murray Bookchin Reader', of Murray Bookchin.
Murray, in this book, spans five decades and encompass subject matter or revolutionary philosophy, politics and histoiry, which are far less known than the specify controversies that deserve ar greater attention.
Bookchin’s influence on Social Ecology and Municipalism provided a key ground for the Democratic Confederalism system being applied in Rojava, one of the few communities in the world that is successfully applying non-hierarchical, anti patriarchal, assembly-based systems of governance in the world.
For this meeting we will discuss texts that resumes and analyzes the relation of Bookchin's work with Rojava:
1. 'Murray Bookchin and the Kurdish resistance' an article from Roar Magazine:
2. 'America’s Best Allies Against ISIS Are Inspired By A Bronx-Born Libertarian Socialist': https://www.huffpost.com/entry/syrian-kurds-murray-bookchin_n_5655e7e2e4b079b28189e3df
3. 'Bookchin, Öcalan, and the Dialectics of Democracy': http://new-compass.net/articles/bookchin-%C3%B6calan-and-dialectics-democracy
4. Abdullah Öcalan's 'Democratic Confederalism' sections 3 and 4 (pages 21-31) http://ocalanbooks.com/downloads/EN-brochure_democratic-confederalism_2017.pdf
Is not strictly necessary to read the texts to come and hear the chapter presentatissn, although it is recommended in order to join the discussion.
Date & Time:
- book shop/info shop/knihovna
- reading group
- reading circle. reading club
- by donation